Download EBOOK That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe PDF for free
Category: Crafts and Hobbies|
The author of the book: Lisa Boyer
Format files: PDF, EPUB, TXT, DOCX
The size of the: 28.65 MB
Edition: Good Books,U.S.
Date of issue: 1 May 2002
Description of the book "That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe":
"Quilt humorist" Lisa Boyer gives you permission to quilt even if you make mistakes. Her humorous essays are full of her own mistakes and mishaps as she perfects her quilting technique.
Fed up with feeling like you can't meet the standards of the Quilt Police? Do you want to quilt for comfort and pleasure -- and not to win some high-falutin' quilting contest? Weary of worrying about what others will think of your color choices -- or your pieced points? Or your applique stitches? That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe is the quilting companion you PDF've been wishing for.
Lisa Boyer, a popular columnist for Quilting Today magazine, gives you permission to quilt because you love it. She clears your path of all those merciless judgments pronounced by the Quilting Queens. She invites you to make quilts that are full of life. This funny book offers these nine principles for the 20 million quilters in America:
1. Pretty fabric is not acceptable. Go right back to the quilt shop and exchange it for something you feel sorry for.
2. Realize that patterns and templates are only someone's opinion and should be loosely translated. Personally, I've never ePub thought much of a person who could only make a triangle with three sides.
3. When choosing a color plan for your quilt, keep in mind that the colors will fade after a hundred years or so. This being the case, you will need to start with really bright colors.
4. You should plan on cutting off about half your triangle or star points. Any more than that is showing off.
5. If you are doing applique, remember that bigger is dorkier. Flowers should be huge. Animals should possess really big eyes.
6. Throw away your seam ripper and repeat after me: "Oops. Oh PDF, no one will notice."
7. Plan on running out of border fabric when you are three-quarters of the way finished. Complete the remaining border with something else you have a lot of, preferably in an unrelated color family.
8. You should be able to quilt equally well in all directions. I had to really work on this one. It was difficult to make my forward stitching look as bad as my backward stitching, but closing my eyes helped.
9. When you have put your last stitch in the binding, you are still only half finished. Your quilt must now undergo a thorough ePub conditioning. Give it to someone you love dearly--to drag around the house, wrap up in, spill something on, and wash and dry until it is properly lumpy.
"No reason not to have quiltmaking be a pleasure," says Lisa Boyer, who has as firm a grip on her sense of humor as she does on her quilting needles. "If we didn't make Dorky Homemade quilts, all the quilts in the world would end up in the Beautiful Quilt Museum, untouched and intact. Quilts would just be something to look at. We would forget that quilts are PDF lovable, touchable, shreddable, squeezable, chewable, and huggable -- made to wrap up in when the world seems to be falling down around us."
Reviews of the That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe
So far with regards to the guide we have now That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe responses customers have never but quit their own review of the overall game, or you cannot make out the print nevertheless. Although, in case you have already read this publication and you are willing to produce their particular results convincingly ask you to be tied to to go out of a review on our website (we are able to submit both equally bad and good evaluations). Basically, "freedom regarding speech" We all wholeheartedly reinforced. Ones suggestions to reserve That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe : different audience should be able to choose about a guide. This sort of aid is likely to make all of us additional United!
However, at present we do not possess details about the particular performer Lisa Boyer. However, we may enjoy in case you have just about any info on the idea, and are also prepared to provide the idea. Send that to us! The ways to access every one of the look at, and when everything are usually correct, we're going to release on the site. It is very important for all of us that most real regarding Lisa Boyer. All of us many thanks upfront to get able to visit fulfill people!
Download EBOOK That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe for free
Leave a Comment That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe